Here is a breakdown of the Settings → Notifications section. We know there are many settings there that can be adjusted, so let’s make them crystal clear.
Form Owner Options
- Where submissions are sent to. The email addresses listed here are the recipients of the messages sent through the form. You can either send all submissions to a certain email address or only certain submissions, based on user input. To add a new notification email, click on Add Recipient. If you want to delete one of the email addresses, simply hover over the line and click Delete Selected, on the right. Find out more about notification emails and custom recipients.
- Email Header and Content defines the way submissions look when they arrive in your inbox. By default, submissions are structured in rows, grey and white alternatively, each containing one field (label and input). You can change the structure of this email by modifying email templates.
- From Name is the name used as the sender of the submission email. You can add the input of a field filled by the user or a predefined value.
- From Email is the email address used as the sender of the submission email.
- Reply-To Email is the email address that is used as the recipient if you reply to the submission email. The example below is made for Gmail.
- Message Subject is the subject used for the submission email.
- Reference ID is a unique identification number that can be included in the message subject. Find out more about the Reference ID.
- Add the entry ID at the end of your message. This allows you to include an order number at the end of the submission. It starts with 1 and is incremented with one unit at a time.
- Add user information (IP, country, browser) at the end of your message. You can choose to add details about the form user to the submission. They include the user IP, country and browser.
- Add the referrer, if available, at the end of your message. The referrer is the URL of the web page that the form user was visiting when filling out the form.
- Do not show empty fields in the email notification. If some form fields are not set as required, form visitors might jump them and you’ll receive empty rows or columns in your notification email. If you enable this options, field that haven’t been filled will no longer be included in the notification email.
- Do not show unselected checkboxes in the email notification. Checkboxes are choice fields that allow for multiple options to be chosen. By default, in the message that you receive at form submission, all checkbox options are listed, with a Yes or a No next to them, depending on whether or not they were selected. If you choose to enable this option, then only the options that were chosen (and are consequently marked with Yes) will be included in the submission.
Form User Options
Autoresponders (confirmation messages)
- Autoresponders (confirmation messages) are custom messages sent to form users after submission. You can use the same autoresponder for all users or create several autoresponders and send them based on user input. Use the Customize button to create and edit confirmation messages, as well as adding a file attachment, and go to Advanced Confirmation Rules to establish which autoresponder is sent in which case.
Submission Copy (confirmation messages)
- Submission Copy. You can choose to send a copy of the completed form to the sender. The submission copy has the same structure as the email template that you and your email recipients receive.
You can choose to send another email after you received the payment from your form users. To do so, go to Settings – Payments – Payments Notifications tab.