How to set up the Footer of your email notifications?
In this article, you will learn how to customize the footer of your email template.
When you open the default notification or copy of submission template you will see the generic email footer, which looks like this:
Now, we will explain what each variable from the footer does.
- IP: returns the IP address from the user’s browser.
- Country: based on the IP address. If the user is using a proxy or a VPN connection, it will not show the physical location.
- Submission Date: the date when the entry was sent.
- Browser: it will inform you the browser type and version
- Entry ID: allows you to include an order number at the end of the submission. It starts with 1 and is incremented with one unit at a time. ( 1,2, 3,4 and so on).
- Referrer: is the URL of the web page from where the form arrived on the form.
- Form Host is the web page or link from where the form is submitted. Basically, it is the URL where the form is located.
Of course, you can add the user’s answers as well. To insert submission input into the template, click on the plus sign displayed next to the template, and choose fields from the dropdown list (e.g. Email).